Check out this article from the LA Times that picks through how awesome Red Dead Redemption is for its creators Take Two.
Take Two hadn't produced any hits beyond the Grand Theft Auto series. It's been fighting to stay in the black since the last GTA game debuted in 2008.
As of June 7, 2010, Red Dead Redemption has sold over 5 million units. Coolest part? Red Dead Redemption is also one of the only successful "original" games in years. Like the movie industry, top earners have mostly come from pre-existing brands like Modern Warfare (which ironically before it became its own brand, borrowed from the clout of Tom Clancy), brands like LEGO and Star Wars, and obviously, back to Take Two's only other success, the greatly serialized GTA.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades