By now you may have heard that the Diablo 3 Friends and Family beta testing has begun. Diablo III is the next highly anticipated addition in the Diablo trilogy, and is the sequel to Diablo 2, originally published all the way back in 2000. The game is the product of Blizzard Entertainment, a company well known for its very successful Warcraft and Starcraft franchises. Like the other Blizzard series, Diablo III will be exclusively for PCs at launch. Console players can rejoice as the lead project designer recently stated that Blizzard is "very, very serious" about a console port.
Since the start of the Diablo 3 Friends and Family test, there has been a great deal of gameplay posted to sites like YouTube and gaming blogs. We're finally seeing real footage of regular players enjoying the game. Take a look at this video of a female monk character in action:
The Diablo III beta allows you to try out all five classes in the game, such as the monk featured in the video above, but limits you to the early stages of the game. If you're hoping to find out the full extent of what will happen in the Diablo world of Sanctuary, you will have to wait until the game is completely launched.
If you are not a friend or family member of a Blizzard employee, you might be feeling a bit down about your lack of access to the exclusive test. Don't worry though, there hasn't been an official release date announced for when the Diablo 3 public beta test will begin yet, but Blizzard officials have said it should be starting soon. Even more exciting--you can sign up to play in the Diablo 3 beta right now!
Follow these steps on opting-in so you can download, install, and play the Diablo 3 beta when it begins:
- Head over to the Battle.net site to create a Battle.net account. If you already have one, skip to Step 3.
- Fill in the form and select "create free account."
- Access the main Battle.net page and choose the "Account" option at the top.
- On the Account Management page, select the "Beta Profile Settings" option under the Games & Codes menu.
- Follow the directions on the Beta Profile page to submit your system profile using the System Check tool.
After running the System Tool, you'll have successfully opted-in to the Diablo 3 beta test! There's no guarantee that you'll be selected to test in it, but when Blizzard decides to start picking folks for it, you'll be one of their options, good luck! Hopefully soon you'll be running around Sanctuary as a Demon Hunter gunning down monsters and other evil creatures.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades